Tag Archives: fillmy
The 16th edition of Gdańsk DocFilm Festival will be held from 6th to 10th June 2018 at the European Solidarity Centre. During the Festival’s five days we will watch the world’s most interesting documentaries produced from 2016 to 2018. They will compete for the Gate of Freedom.
The competition for Polish short fiction films will be a new element introduced at the Festival’s next edition.
Producers are welcome to enter films for both competitions of Gdańsk DocFilm Festival 2018.
Films can be submitted from 15th November 2017 until 10th February 2018. The selection committee will chose the most interesting works which we will screen during the 16th GDFF.
15th Gdansk DocFilm Festival’s selection committee qualified 24 films out of 260 entries for the competition. Life, Animated, an Oscar best documentary feature nominee is one of them. We will see the following titles competing for the main award:
1. Urban Cowboys | Poland | dir. Paweł Ziemilski | 2016 | 30 min.
2. Whatever the Weather | Switzerland | dir. Remo Scherer | 2015 | 11 min.
3. Always Ready to Travel | Poland | dir. Anna Wiśniewska | 2017 | 53 min.
4. Kis | Russia | dir. Svetlana Bolycheva | 2015 | 21 min.
5. The Sea You Have to Love | Austria, Croatia | dir. Patrick Wally | 2016 | 28 min.
6. The Shepherd | Netherlands | dir. Joost van der Wiel | 2016 | 22 min.
7. The Sound of Winter | Belgium, Switzerland | dir. Tizian Büchi | 2016 | 27 min.
8. Little Bucharest | Belgium | dir. Sam Geyskens | 2016 | 21 min.
9. League of Exotique Dancers | Canada | dir. Rama Rau | 2016 | 91 min.
10. Methane Ghosts | USA | dir. William Randall | 2016 | 10 min.
11. Two Worlds | Poland | dir. Maciej Adamek | 2016 | 50 min.
12. Mirrored Mountains. Altay | …